Latest News/ Events
- Prenatal Plus – Yoga together with MADD and the Miami-Dade Police Dept. participated in a fund-raising, to support all youth alcohol prevention programs.
- Educator for Healthy Start Coalition of Miami-Dade Training & Education, Debra participates annually in the trainings of new childbirth educators.
- Prenatal Plus – Yoga received FIVE STAR reviews and Number One Choice in Lila’s Guide for three consecutive years.
- Mercy Hospital’s Mind, Body, Spirit Event was one of Debra’s special events, with hundreds coming together from the community sharing a day filled with information, chair massages together with sessions on Yoga and its benefits.
- Prenatal Plus – Yoga participated in the CHILDBIRTH EDUCATION CONFERENCE as a guest speaker on yoga, childbirth and the benefits of having labor (doula) assistance.
- Participating as a speaker at Books & Books, Baby’s-R-Us and a number of community locations discussing Pregnancy, Birth & Beyond, answering questions & helping couples understand the Challenges and Choices during this time.
- Prenatal Plus – Yoga has been featured on (7) different T.V. stations, including The Rick Sanchez Show, SouthFlorida Live (WSFL),Coral Gables Television, Telemundo, Miami Dade College and Cable stations and Channel 4 (CBS). Pre-recorded and live segments, covering the benefits of prenatal yoga for birthing, followed by yoga for mommy & baby and the benefits of doula care. All segments taped and archived.
- Workshop taught by Debra entitled, “Introduction to Yoga,” a special event at the Biltmore Hotel in Coral Gables, specialty event.
- A special guest speaker at the University of Miami School of Nursing & Health Studies, Debra spoke on the benefits of Pregnancy Yoga, Birthing and childbirth choices.
- Invited as a guest speaker at the International HypnoBirthing® Conclave in Austin, Texas, October 2008, Debra entitled this segment “The Yogic Physical & Spiritual Connection for Pregnancy, Labor and Birth.” Some other guests included the world renowned musician and lecturer Steven Halpern, Karen Strange, author and specialist on birthing and of course Marie F. Mongan, founder of the HypnoBirthing® Institute.
- Currently teaching CHILDBIRTH EDUCATION CLASSES in HYPNOBIRTHING at Prenatal Plus – Yoga in Miami.
- Debra (PPY) has had the honor of assisting hundreds of couples through Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond for many years. Through specialty Yoga classes, both for Pregnancy and Postpartum, Childbirth Education and Doula Care. Connecting with OB/GYN’s in the community, attending births at all Dade & Broward Hospitals, Debra has earned a most respected reputation and is considered a preferred professional in the community. Most importantly, “Mothering the Mother” during labor at home, in the hospital, or together with midwives in the privacy of home births and birth centers, Debra is a dedicated teacher, educator and doula honoring each and every blessing of Life and Family she shares this profound time with! (see the benefits of Doula care)
Prenatal Plus – Yoga, Inc. offers Prenatal Yoga & Postnatal w/baby yoga classes, Childbirth Education, specializing in HypnoBirthing *the Mongan Method, Certified Labor Doula & Postpartum Doula, providing professional, compassionate care throughout your birthing experience and beyond. Now offering placenta encapsulation & tincture services to assist mother in balancing postpartum and avoiding possible PPD (postpartum depression).
Workshops include: Prenatal Yoga w/Partner Childbirth Education, Infant Massage, Newborn Baby Care, Breast feeding your Baby & Happiest Baby on the Block education(the fourth trimester)…
“Your strength is how calmly, quietly and peacefully you face life.”